Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Stupid things recruiters do!

Tech recruiters annoy the heck out of me. I clearly have my email address listed on my resume yet they insist on calling me repeatedly and only during the week during normal work hours. If you are recruiter and have left several messages STOP CALLING!

Do you think I'm going to talk to you about a new job while I'm sitting in my cubicle at work where everyone can hear me?

If you have to call - do it after five. Or better yet - SEND AN EMAIL!!

And if you do send an email - BE POLITE! Don't demand that I send you a resume and demand that I send it in your preferred format when we have never communicated before.

and another thing. Don't ask me my salary and then say you can get me a job $7k more and assume that that's good enough. I don't know why but they always seem to think 5k or 7k will be enough to get you to leave your current job. Try $10k-$15. then maybe i won't ignore you- because I'm not really looking for a new job and it would take that kind of pay increase for me to consider another job.

I know you guys are desperate and I know you work on commission but that's not my problem! Some of you guys will say anything to make the sale and then wonder why you don't get any referrals.

Personally I don't even understand why your jobs exists. What do you do? Pull resumes from monster.com and show them to your clients? Why can't they do that themselves?

Do I sound peeved?

To all you recruiters - Email. Don't repeatedly call while we are at work!

No comments: